Privacy

Recently Facebook’s data have breach over 50 million users and we have to closely think about the effects out of this situation. Privacy and confidentiality are strongly related to new media. We can’t even imagine how the posting we post every day can be sold to companies and how they can use our posting in various ways. The main reason people post on the new media is to share their life how well they are living, their interest in certain things, or daily life they are having. People do not want to give their personal information to companies and let them make big data out of their personal information. If a user can’t trust on a new media’s confidentiality it would not be able to keep posting their information on certain platforms. Even for me, I have recently deactivated my facebook account but the funny thing is that they don’t allow users to delete the account. Facebook offers to deactivate the account which is just hiding my information. Which could also mean they want to keep my information forever and keep going to use my information. Because of this reason I can’t really rely on or trust on any of their social media and planning to close all the accounts. Also, many of my friends deactivated Facebook accounts and trying not to post an a sensitive topic or personal things on social media.


REFERENCE

Perez, Sarah. “Everything You Need to Know about Facebook's Data Breach Affecting 50M Users.” TechCrunch, TechCrunch, 28 Sept. 2018, techcrunch.com/2018/09/28/everything-you-need-to-know-about-facebooks-data-breach-affecting-50m-users/.

Comments